As a trusted Western Pennsylvania full-service construction company, Reliable General Contractor knows your home is your oasis. You want it to be as comfortable and inviting as possible, and that includes your outdoor space. But how do you choose between a pergola or patio cover? Let’s explore the pros and cons of each.
Pergolas are the perfect way to get a little extra shade and design interest in your outdoor space. Here are some advantages of adding a pergola to your home:
- You get an open and airy feel, as the structure has an open roof and sides
- Pergolas are a great way to define separate spaces in your outdoor area
- You can use it to create an intimate dining space, add a calming lounge area, or even extend your living space outdoors
- Plants and vines can be added to your pergola to add a touch of nature and provide even more shade
- Operable pergolas are especially beneficial. They can be opened and closed depending on the amount of shade desired, as well as provide protection from the elements
If you’re looking for more structure, a patio cover could be the solution. Here are the most popular benefits of adding a patio cover to your home:
- They provide full coverage from the sun and rain
- They’re easy to maintain
- Patio covers can be customized to fit your home’s aesthetic and architectural style
- They’re great if you plan on entertaining a lot, as they make carrying furniture and other large items easier
The Best Option for You
When it comes to deciding between a pergola or patio cover, it really depends on the look and feel you’re going for. Pergolas are great for creating intimate outdoor spaces and adding a touch of nature, while patio covers give your outdoor area a more structured and defined look.
At Reliable General Contractor, we strongly encourage our clients to consider an operable pergola. The ability to open and close the pergola depending on the amount of shade desired, and the protection from the elements, is a great advantage that adds value to your home.
For your next project, don’t hesitate to call Reliable General Contractor for all your outdoor needs. Our 5-star rated, full-insured, and women-owned construction company is here to help. Give us a call at 724-216-8550.